Sunday, June 17, 2018

This Week At School

Okay, I've been falling behind on these (but in my defence I warned you all this might happen now that I have a full time job).

So let me fill you in on what's been happening at school for like the last 3 weeks.

1) I went to camp with the grade 7 students.  It was REALLY humid.  Luckily, the station I was running was indoors for the most part and luckily it was more of a camping resort we stayed at... air conditioning, running water, there was even a hot tub.  It went well... the only middle of the night emergency was because one of the girls had lost her cell phone in the middle of the night in her room... so in other words... there were no middle of the night emergencies.

2) We got our persuasive essays written and handed in and I've already marked them.

3) Speaking of things being marked I've also already written my report cards (and if you don't know... this can be a HUGE task and it feels great to be done!)

4) I used up my first 1.5 sick days.  At that point I had pretty well run out of them (which never happens).  Where I live teachers get 2 sick days a month AND if you aren't on a term you can stock pile them and carry them over year after year (because really, you likely won't need 20 sick days a year).  Since I got hired so late in the year I hadn't really had time to build up those sick days yet but I'm really thankful I had at least 2 of them to use.  I know 2 sick days a month seems like a lot but you have to understand... we work with kids... many of whom come to school when they are sick and sneeze and cough all over you.

5)  Just 2 weeks left of school!  Huzzah!  I know many places in the states have likely been out of school for almost a month already but where I live we go right to the end of June so our last day is the 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...