Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Day's Off

I don't actually have all that many days off (especially during the winter months when illness' are prevalent).  But when I do have a day off I definitely take full advantage of it!

Walk.  If the weather is decent I'll go for a walk.  Sometimes that walk will bring me somewhere to shop (or browse) and sometimes it's just a walk in the community.

Bake.  I don't bake cookies all that often because when I do I tend to make a double batch that will last awhile.  A day off is the perfect time to get some baking done though (some of our favourite cookies are coconut chocolate chip, and chocolate peanut butter)

Work Out.  For 6 months of the year (the cooler months) I get a gym pass.  If I have a day off I'll take the opportunity to go to the gym during the day instead of the evening.

Work.  Sometimes on my day off I work... on my blog.  I like to be at least a couple of weeks ahead in my posts to help me stay on track of posting regularly.  This doesn't always happen... sometimes nothing exciting happens to me for a whole month at work and I'm really lacking for content and other times I'm flooded with post ideas and can be a month ahead of myself.  On a day off I'll typically write at least a couple of posts.

Read.  I was on some extensive book request lists from the library for a while but lately I've been reading a lot more.  A day off is the perfect time to make myself a coffee and pick up that book during the day.

Chores.  I suppose if there was any a day to get ahead (or ahem, catch up) on any chores a day off would be the day.

Friends.  It doesn't happen often when a friend has the same day off as myself (especially with it being during the week) but every so often our work schedules will line up just right and we can enjoy some time together!

Watch TV.  I mean this list would be a lie if I didn't include this one because it definitely happens and I think it's definitely allowed on a day off.

Relax.  Above all, I don't have to go to work... so I'll sleep in a bit and make sure my day isn't stressful or fast paced... I can take things slow today!

This week is spring break where I am so of course I'm busy working my way through this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...