Saturday, March 30, 2019

This Week OFF From School

Spring break is coming to an end (sadly) so here is what I managed to get done on my week off from school.

1) Library.  I visited the library to pick up a book that I had requested a while ago.  I had actually been reading it at one of the schools I frequent so I finally just took it out of the library to finish (although as it stands currently I still have not finished it).

2)  Cleaning.  We had people over Wednesday evening for a Bible study and a friend spent the night in our spare bedroom too... so I just tidied things up and did some laundry for all our visitors.

3)  Painting.  My lovely husband installed some doors on the main floor a while ago and I finally painted over all the nail holes (and spots where the paint chipped a bit during installation).

4)  Appointments.  What better time to schedule all your appointments than on your time off?  I actually only had one which was nice as I talked to someone else that had scheduled about 3.

5)  Baking.  I didn't need to do much as we still have baking coming out of our ears from when we helped to put on a dessert fundraiser a couple of weeks ago.  But I did restock my banana muffin supply because sometimes if I'm rushed, or switching schools on my lunch, or just not sure of the staff room dynamics at a certain school I'll grab a couple of muffins (I freeze them) for my lunch.

6)  Writing.  My goal was to get 10 new blog posts written over the week (I usually am writing a month in advance... this is #9 so I've got one  more to write either today or tomorrow to reach my goal).

7)  Gym.  This was my last week of having a gym membership.  After this week I switched to going for long walks or runs as the weather slowly improves so I had to take advantage of my last week with my membership.

8)  Movie.  I watched My Sisters Keeper (and other tv shows) but watching this movie reminded me that I should re read the novel because I couldn't remember how the novel ended.

9)  Banking.  I had to go to the bank to take our some American funds because...

10)  USA.  A friend and I went on a quick one night stay to the nearest US city to us (which is about 3 hours away).  Just to get away for a night and do some shopping.  Unfortunately the Canadian dollar is terrible at the moment so we didn't actually do all that much shopping.  What did I buy?  A large bag of tootsie rolls (stayed tuned for Monday's post as to what those are all about), some peanut butter oatmeal, a couple of items of clothing, and a bunch of pillows.  The most impressive store?  Hobby Lobby... despite not buying anything there (only because they didn't have 3 of a particular shelf that I wanted) I didn't realize how big it was or how much they sold there... it is definitely WAY bigger than our Michaels stores here in Canada!

And there you have it... my week off. 

On Monday it's back to work for this substitute teacher.  I get to be in the same classroom for the first 3 days back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...