Saturday, March 02, 2019

This Week At School

Another busy work week at school!

This week at school I...

Was in some new to me classrooms so I left my information at a couple of new classrooms.  It may currently be busy subbing but that won't last and I'm hoping these other teachers being away occasionally might help fill in at least a few of those gaps.

Helped some students come up with plans for a spaghetti bridge competition.  Do we have some winning designs?  I might find out in a few weeks!

Had one of my half days turn into a full day... which isn't the first time this has happened in February.  The pm class was not nearly as good as the AM class... which is also what happened last time.  The pm class was also a nursery/kindergarten class with 28 kids in it!... so that might have contributed to the not so great afternoon.

Went back to the school that I had a teaching job at a couple of years ago when I was teaching French.  It was a wonderful day (I think I ended up in the 2 best classrooms).

I saw this lovely cat step stool by the sink in a grade 1 classroom I was in and thought it was pretty cute.

Cat step stool

I planned some Pink Shirt Day activities (for those that don't know Pink Shirt Day is a day to stop bullying and this year it happened to fall on Wednesday, February 27th but if you missed it fear not... there's an International Day of Pink happening on Wednesday, April 10th).  Anyways, I just a few things I had done when I taught grade 5/6 you can read about it here and here.  It includes a link to a free resource that I use so it's worth the peek... I promise!

I attended an in class baby shower for the grade 1 class I was subbing in.  Luckily the teacher was just in meetings in the building so she stayed in the room and opened some presents in front of the kids (the boys that it was positively disgusting when she opened the box of diapers).  She has one week left and then she's on maternity leave so it was well timed (but also not because I was there).

At one of the schools I was at this week the kids were having their spring pictures taken.  Nothing says spring pictures like indoor recess because it's just too cold to be outside!... for the record we only had indoor recess a couple of days this week... it IS warming up!

Here's something I haven't seen in a looong time...

Class pets - fish



3 more weeks until Spring Break!
... but who's counting?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...