Thursday, March 21, 2019

How we Remember

Spring break is this coming week where I live which means it could potentially be the perfect time to switch some things up in your classroom.

A while ago I saw this posted in a teacher's classroom


And I'm just wondering how are we as teacher's are using these in the way we teach?

I'll be the first to admit, my students have very few opportunities to teach others what they are learning and it's got me thinking... how could I change that?

If students are learning a new and tricky concept their homework could be to go home and teach it to their parents (because lets be honest, things have changed since we all went to school!)
I never got around to doing it but one of the goals when I used the math journals was to have one student share their learning the following day with the class.

But what are some other ideas we have?

Let's discuss and start thinking of some changes we can implement tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...