Thursday, March 14, 2019

String Art

At one of the schools I was at recently the students had done string art (most had actually already taken it home already so I only took the one picture). There was one thing that this teacher did for the string art that likely made it A LOT easier for her students... she used foam boards instead of wood. This way students just had to push in the nails (which still stayed in place) instead of trying to hammer them all in. Plus, in my own personal experience with making string art... the nails are hard to hammer and they often pop out if you haven't hammered them in far enough. So I have a hunch that many students would likely not have been very successful with it and it would have been the teacher doing a lot of the hammering for them. She had told me that she had also tried to find pins to use instead of nails but she could only find pins with colourful tips (which she didn't think would look as nice as them all being one colour)

Anywho, here is one of the string art projects that her students did... I'll see if you can figure out what it is
String Art
And here is the one I did a while ago...

Deer String Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...